Dye hair yourself, what you need to know
The hair color is bought and you want to start right now? Not so fast! Preparation is the hair dyeing the A and O. Because you have the hair color touched, it must be processed immediately.
The 9 best tips and tricks that make hair dyeing easier
- Tools, such as gloves, dyeing brush, hairgrips, towel, kitchen clock.
- A staining brush makes it easier to apply the paint, especially if you just want to stain the neck
- With a style comb and hair clips (preferably made of plastic), individual parts of hair can be divided and fixed more easily
- Dyeing your hair is sometimes a bit of color. Therefore, it is advisable to use an old towel during the process and also to wear old clothes, so that stains on it are not too bad
- It is particularly important when dyeing hair itself that the exposure time is exactly maintained. With a kitchen clock or the smartphone alarm clock, the time is necessary
- Apply petroleum jelly around the hairline so that you do not stain the skin and the baby’s hair on the face
- Most of the hair ends are naturally lighter and therefore, depending on whether you want to dye them lighter or darker, less or more colorant than the approach
- When dyeing: Conditioner acts as a protective film so that the remaining hair does not come in contact with the colorant
- Note: a longer exposure time does not mean more intense color, but damage to the hair
Dye hair yourself: The 5 most common mistakes – and how to avoid them
Dyeing the hair yourself is always an experiment if you are not a trained hairdresser. That’s why mistakes happen more often:
Initial hair color misjudged
- Are your hair dark blond or light brown? For most women, it is difficult to define their own hair color. Therefore, it is advisable to compare not only your own hair with the color on the dye but also the hairdresser of confidence times by the way, for example when cutting hair, to ask how he would describe your hair color.
Too high expectations
- If you just want to dye your own hair color one or two shades darker or lighter, you get it pretty good yourself. If you dream of a blatant color change or more complex colorations, ie a suspension technique like Balayage or an “Ombré” look, you better go to a hairdresser.
Too little colorant
- It happens quite often that you misjudge the amount of colorant. Note: From shoulder-length hair, you usually need two packs of colorants, so that the color can be applied evenly.
Instructions not exactly read
- Even if you have dyed your hair for the hundredth time, the following applies: read the leaflet carefully.
Dye the batch
- If you only want to dye the batch, you risk that the approach is no longer gray, but still has a different color than the rest. Similarly: If you dye the whole hair, it can happen that the gray hair on the approach the colorant differently take up as the remaining hair.
For a uniform dyeing effect, it is advisable to put some conditioner in the hair before dyeing – the approach is naturally left out. The conditioner acts like a protective film. Means: The remaining hair does not come into contact with the chemicals it needs for dyeing. The colorant can then be applied to the batch. For a smooth transition from the approach to the tips, then about the last ten minutes of the exposure time, some colorant can be worked into the hair lengths.
Dye hair yourself: lighter – without bleaching
As already mentioned, you should only dye your own hair if you want to lighten (or darken) one’s own basic tune by one to a maximum of two shades. As soon as a crass color change is desired and a bleaching is necessary, it is definitely advisable to make an appointment with the professional colorist.
To lighten the hair without bleaching? But yes, that works too! For this, you need a light color (no tint!) With a minimum amount of hydrogen peroxide (necessary for the hair to become even brighter). On the darkest hair, you wear the hair dye first, on the brightest hair at the end.
Dye hair yourself: darker
If your hair has just been bleached, if it is too blond for you and you would like to darken it, ideally, it should be up to six weeks between the next staining. Because in this case, your hair is strained maximum, brittle and then generally can only badly absorb a new color.
Attention: green tint! If you want to dye your hair darker, you risk a green tint with colors like ash blond, light brown and dark brown. You can avoid this if you mix the intensive tint still a gold or red tone.
One way or another: What you really need, if you want to darken your hair yourself, is patience. Because darker hair colors wash out quickly. So it can happen that you have to repeat the hair dyeing process more often to get a rich, beautiful and uniform brown.
Be sure to read the exact instructions on the package and keep an eye on the exposure time to avoid staining accidents. Rinse the dye well. Finished!
Have you tried Dr. Balwi’s hair care shampoo ?
Thanks to a unique combination of ingredients your hair receives the essential nutrients that nourish the roots and hair, and prevent their loss. Our shampoos and sprays are concentrated in Biotin. In addition unlike ordinary hair care products, ours tackle the problem at the root. Because a stronger and vitalised hair root produces more resistant and, of course, more silky hair!
Dye hair yourself: gone away – what now?
Yellowing can be corrected with blue or silver shampoos. Red and green oaks are a bit harder to get rid of. The last resort before you have to cut your hair short or let the wrong color grow out patiently: discolor hair.
This works with so-called hair color remover, for example, Color B 4, which draws the chemical color from the hair and thus discolored. These products are now also available in the drugstore, in the hairdressing supplies store or online.
However, in a color accident, you should not try too much yourself but go to a professional colorist. Because with each further coloration or discoloration, the hair is even more strained by chemical mixtures that have to be applied in several steps and can even break off or fail.
Do you have more questions or are you suffering from hair loss issues ? Then feel free to to contact our friendly team that will answer all your queries. Furthermore they can also propose a free and non binding hair analysis. So don’t hesitate if you want to benefit from Dr. Balwi and Elithairtransplant’s expertise for a successful and affordable hair transplant in Turkey !
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A 100% FREE AND
NON BINDING HAIR ANALYSIS
Ask now for a free, non-binding hair analysis. Our experts are at your disposal 24/7!