How to grow hair faster ?
Have you just got a short haircut and regretting it now or experiencing hair thinning and hair loss? Luckily for you, there are several ways to encourage it to grow quickly, healthily and strongly.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet, massaging the scalp, and applying specific hair products are all good bets. Proper nutrition plays an important role to help promote growth in your hair. But most importantly, make sure you take good care of your hair to prevent hair loss and damage. Dry, unhealthy strands tend to break, which will not be of any benefit if you try to grow hair faster !
How long does it take for hair to grow ?
According to dermatologist, hair grows an average of about 1-1,5 cm every month. That’s about 12-15 cm/year for the hair on your head. In general, it takes about two to three weeks to see a small amount of regrowth. Hair begins to grow at its normal rate after a month and looks more like “real” hair.
Can you speed up the growth of hair ?
If you are wondering how to grow hair faster, you first need to understand the normal hair growth cycle. Hair grows in 3 stages, and each hair strand follows its own timeline. These three phases are:
- Active phase of hair growth that lasts 2-8 years
- Transition phase that lasts 4-6 weeks. Hair stops growing during this stage
- It is the resting (hair fall out) phase that lasts for 2-3 months.
While there is no direct method to make your hair grow faster, studies and clinical data have shown that there are steps you can take to accelerate hair growth, such as proper diet, adequate sleep, and providing your hair with the nutrients they need.
Why is my hair not growing ?
The hair of many people stops growing after a certain age. In addition to common causes such as unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle, inadequate hair care routine and poor environmental factors can cause hair growth to cease. Some of the common causes of hair growth cessation include :
- Advancing age and pattern baldness/thinning hair
- Poor dietary intake, including a lack of essential fatty acids and vitamins
- Dry hair and scalp
- Lack of exercise / sedentary lifestyle
- Breakage and split ends
- Aggressive hair styling and overuse of hot tools
- Physical or psychological stress
- Childbirth and breastfeeding
- Thyroid problems
- Hormonal imbalance
How to grow hair faster and have long and thick strands ?
To grow long and thick hair, keep it healthy and hydrated to prevent any dryness or damages. Using shampoo 2-3 days a week and washing your hair every day is the key to frizz-free hair. You can also massage your scalp once a week and apply a shampoo for deep conditioning to improve hair health.
Hair specialists advise maintaining a healthy diet, sleeping on a silk or satin pillowcase, avoid heat styling equipment and chemical dye. Following these tips, you will be well on your way to long, flowing locks.
What is the best shampoo for hair growth ?
To make a formula that is precisely right for your hair, you need the right combination of ingredients. Choosing the right shampoo according to your hair type could be the determining factor if you wish to grow hair faster. To find the best hair shampoo, here’s what you need to do according to the hair type you have.
- Fine hair:
- this hair type tends to get oily fast. Therefore, experts advise avoiding creamy shampoos and instead check for simple formulas. For people with fine hair, gentle and volumizing hair products are good bets.
- Frizzy hair:
- if you are struggling with frizz and flyaways, the key to smoother hair is actually more in the conditioner than the shampoo. Use a good quality hair conditioner to get rid of frizzy hair.
- Dry, coarse hair:
- this hair type needs moisturising, creamy shampoos. Never forget to follow with a similar conditioner.
Our Tip for great hair !
Using topical shampoos and conditioners that are specifically made for your hair type is also important to ensure healthy strands. Shampoo and spray by Dr. Balwi contain natural ingredients that promote hair growth and increase the blood flow to the follicles, such as caffeine, aloe vera gel and horsetail extract.
Does hair stop growing ?
Many people wonder how to grow hair faster, stronger and longer. However, the hair of each person is genetically programmed to stop growing at a particular length. During this resting phase, the hair stops growing, falls out and gradually regrows.
A hair grows for two to seven years on average (during the anagen phase), so the overall length of any given hair strand depends on how quickly the hair grows.
What is good for hair growth ?
What you eat influences how your hair grows and how healthy it is. For strong, healthy hair, certain proteins, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals are particularly important. Eating a diverse, nutritious diet can also improve the health of the nails and skin. The improvements will most apparent in people who previously had nutritional deficiencies. Here’s which nutrient sources you should consume for healthy hair.
Milk, Brazilian nuts, fatty fish, vitamin D-fortified foods, sources of L-lysine (meat, milk, beans, lentils, seeds, spirulina), minerals and vitamins including Iron, Zinc. Biotin, Niacin, folic acid, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
How can I grow new hair?
It depends. If a hair follicle has died, scarred, closed, or not produced a new hair over a year, then a new hair wouldn’t be able to regrow. However, if the follicle is still intact, hair can be regrown or, in most cases, the quality of existing thinner hairs can be improved. Following are some popular and some unusual solutions:
- Finasteride is still the gold standard hair growth solution in cases of androgenetic alopecia. This drug is FDA approved and a generic version of Propecia which your dermatologist can prescribe.
- A few alternatives to finasteride are present and minoxidil (aka Rogaine) is one of the best options. It is a topical drug, available over the counter, that improves hair growth by stimulating the follicle’s potassium channels. This contributes to the production of prostaglandins and other growth factors that promote hair growth. Minoxidil also protects the hairs for longer periods in the growth (anagen) phase.
Besides these medications, topical hair masks produced from natural ingredients such as fruits can also help boost blood and nutrient supply to the scalp and promote hair growth.
- Saw palmetto is a herb that has commonly been used to treat men with alopecia. Hops extract, ginseng, pumpkin seed, horsetail extract and rosemary are some of the known herbal extracts used to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.
Plasma injections/PRP treatment
- Plasma is known as the ‘hair growth factor’. It is extracted from the person’s blood with hair loss and then injected back into the patches of the scalp where hair loss occurs. A lot is still being researched and understood about the procedure but that it looks promising when it comes to the potential for hair regrowth.
- Hair transplant has transformed the hair regrowth industry over the past decade. There are two primary types of hair transplant procedures – Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), which work in almost similar ways.
What vitamins are good for hair growth ?
Following a healthy diet containing all the essential vitamins will help to maintain healthy hair. Essential vitamins include group B-complex and vitamins A, C, D, E, and K.
Deficiencies in specific vitamins can result in hair loss, so it’s crucial to consume enough of each of them to minimize hair damage. Researchers have conducted a range of studies and clinical trials on how vitamin D and E, along with the B-complex vitamins, could support hair growth.
We have provided a complex of tips on how to grow faster, however, most of the factors controlling hair growth are beyond our daily influence. One of the best steps you can take is to prevent hair thinning and hair loss due to nutrition deficiency. Make sure you eat a balanced diet that contains essential vitamins and minerals and avoid the use of hot tools for hairstyling. If you need them anyway, don’t forget to apply a heat protectant before styling.
All in all if you want to grow hair faster, add them to your hair routine for better results. If you suspect you are experiencing significant hair loss, feel free to contact our friendly teams that will answer all your queries. Furthermore they can also propose a free and non binding hair analysis.
So don’t hesitate if you want to benefit from Dr. Balwi and Elithairtransplant’s expertise for a successful and affordable hair transplant in Turkey !
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A 100% FREE AND
NON BINDING HAIR ANALYSIS
Ask now for a free, non-binding hair analysis. Our experts are at your disposal 24/7!