To favor the hydration of our hair we can choose to use natural products that, although at first, they may seem ineffective, they will leave our hair much more nourished.
People who have dry hair know how difficult it is to keep it healthy and looking good. This type of hair is affected by many factors, such as sun exposure, humidity, pollution, shampoos, the use of the dryer and the iron, etc.
In this article, we will explain how you can perform a natural and complete treatment to restore hydration and have a healthy, hydrated and bright appearance.
Why do we have dry hair?
A dry or damaged hair can be due to different reasons:
- Feeding deficient in some nutrients such as minerals, proteins or fatty acids. These are part of the capillary structure.
- Some diseases, such as hypothyroidism.
- Continuous use of chemical products and treatments in the hair: dyes, perms, smoothing, etc.
- Exaggerated exposure to the sun, the dryer or the iron.
We must analyze these possibilities to find the cause of our dry hair since this is the first step in the treatment to be complete.
In addition, we recommend you to follow tips to fight dry hair.
Choose products well
Shampoos, conditioners, masks, foams, serums, etc. There is a large amount of hair care products.
However, if we have dry hair we recommend choosing those that are more natural and that is free of sulfates, silicones or parabens. It is difficult to find them, but they tend to be in stores selling organic and natural products.
Although they are not so attractive or have attractive odors or colors, they are much more respectful of our hair and scalp, which helps us to keep it healthier.
If we have always used conventional products, when we start using natural products, it is possible that at the beginning our hair will rebel and may be drier, or with scalp with more fat or dandruff.
This happens as part of a natural hair cleansing process that can last about two weeks. If we have patience, after this period we will see how our hair is softer and hydrated without having to resort to so many products.
We can also try all natural and homemade shampoos, such as baking soda, apple cider vinegar, honey, egg or ghassoul.
Nourish it in depth
To nourish our dry hair in depth we must continue as long as we can these two steps:
- Put on a natural nourishing mask before washing your hair and leave it on for at least 15 minutes. It can be based on egg yolk, yogurt, ripe banana, avocado, honey or olive oil, sesame or jojoba.
We can wear it every time we go to wash our hair, or when we feel the need.
- Wash your hair with the chosen shampoo and use a natural or homemade conditioner. We can make one by mixing a part of apple cider vinegar with three parts of water. The smell will disappear from the hair once it is dry, but we can also add a few drops of an essential oil of mint, orange, rose, rosemary, etc.
If after washing we want to use a moisturizing serum to define and remove the usual frizziness in dry hair we can resort to coconut oil, which moisturizes without being as greasy as other oils.
We will use very little quantity, we will distribute it in the palms of our hands and apply it to damp hair, especially from the middle area and to the tips.
This oil gives a lot of shine and softness and leaves a very pleasant coconut scent.
Brush it every day
This is a remedy for the grandmothers, who recommended that their daughters and granddaughters brush their hair a hundred times each night to keep it beautiful, soft and shiny.
Ideal to be effective is to use a brush with natural bristles, for example, wild boar, and perform it from the forehead and sides to the ends of the hair.
Brushing improves the blood flow to the scalp and drags natural sebum to the tips, which are the drier part. In addition, it is very pleasant.
We can do it two minutes each night before going to bed, followed by a brief massage with our fingers on the scalp.